By Tom Phoenix, brian d foy
Perl is a flexible, robust programming language utilized in numerous disciplines, starting from approach management to net programming to database manipulation. One slogan of Perl is that it makes effortless issues effortless and tough issues attainable. Intermediate Perl is ready making the jump from the simple issues to the not easy ones.
Originally published in 2003 as Learning Perl gadgets, References, and Modules and revised and up to date for Perl 5.8, this booklet deals a steady yet thorough advent to intermediate programming in Perl. Written by means of the authors of the best-selling Learning Perl, it selections up the place that booklet left off. issues include:
- Packages and namespaces
- References and scoping
- Manipulating complicated information structures
- Object-oriented programming
- Writing and utilizing modules
- Testing Perl code
- Contributing to CPAN
Following the profitable layout of Learning Perl, we designed each one bankruptcy within the ebook to be sufficiently small to be learn in exactly an hour or , finishing with a chain of routines that will help you perform what you have got realized. to exploit the e-book, you simply must be acquainted with the cloth in Learning Perl and feature ambition to head further.
Perl is a special language to various humans. it's a speedy scripting device for a few, and a fully-featured object-oriented language for others. it truly is used for every thing from appearing fast worldwide replacements on textual content documents, to crunching large, complicated units of clinical facts that take weeks to procedure. Perl is what you are making of it. yet despite what you utilize Perl for, this e-book is helping you do it extra successfully, successfully, and elegantly.
Intermediate Perl is set studying to exploit Perl as a programming language, and never only a scripting language. this is often the publication that turns the Perl dabbler into the Perl programmer.
By Vandad Nahavandipoor
You can construct a number of remarkable apps at the iOS platform—and each of them provides a different set of difficulties. With the recipes during this cookbook, you will transcend conception to resolve the vexing, real-life concerns you’re more likely to face whilst developing apps for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod contact. each one recipe presents a transparent answer and pattern code so that you can use correct away.
You'll locate strategies for operating with improvement frameworks in iOS SDK four and applied sciences reminiscent of Cocoa, Objective-C, Xcode, and Interface Builder. even if you will have a bit or loads of adventure with iOS improvement, you’ll locate the assistance you would like for each part of the method, from preliminary concept to accomplished project.
- Work with Objective-C periods, items, houses, delegates, and reminiscence management
- Construct a person interface with gesture recognizers
- Develop location-aware functions with the Map package and center situation APIs
- Build apps that play audio and video, deal with calendars and occasions, entry contacts and teams, or faucet into the picture Library
- Use the middle movement framework to entry the accelerometer and gyroscope
- Maintain power garage for iOS apps with the middle information framework
- Create multitasking-aware apps that allow clients go away and go back with no wasting their place
By Cecil Costa
- Get accustomed to the good points of Xcode 6 with fast to write down code that's shorter, clearer, and runs speedier on at the present time s multi-core architectures
- Packed with sensible recipes to help you achieve an additional part and use Apple s new programming language like a professional
- Build your portfolio with quick code utilizing this hands-on guide
If you've been trying to find a ebook that can assist you advance apps for iOS on local iOS structures, this can be the ebook that you have been searching for! This sensible consultant will offer you with the development blocks so that you can flip to whilst conceptualizing and writing functions for iOS/OS X. you will grasp quick programming as you move in the course of the quite a few recipes during this book.
Starting with recipes that use the elemental positive aspects, you are going to flow directly to fascinating and interesting recipes that may utilize the extra complicated beneficial properties of speedy. you are going to how you can utilize Swift's various beneficial properties, from how you can configure your initiatives to using layout styles and sorts of databases. whole with information and tips on Xcode, this example-based advisor may help you strengthen and debug faster.
What you are going to learn
- Install the most recent model of Xcode and use all of its tools
- Develop a multi-language undertaking utilizing fast, Objective-C, C, and different languages
- Plan your fast venture and discover the nuts and bolts of the speedy syntax
- Use rapid playgrounds to work out and listen to your code's effects as you write it
- Localize your concerns utilizing the LLDB debugger and discover varied probabilities of code with quick playgrounds
About the Author
Cecil Costa, additionally comprehend as Eduardo Campos in Latin international locations, is a Euro-Brazilian freelance developer who has been studying approximately pcs on account that getting his first 286 in 1990. From then on, he saved studying approximately programming languages, machine structure, and computing device technology idea. studying is his ardour in addition to instructing; for this reason why he labored as a coach, giving on-site classes for firms reminiscent of Ericsson, Roche, TVE (a Spanish tv channel), and many different businesses. these days, he additionally teaches via on-line systems, aiding humans from everything of the world.
Table of Contents
- Getting begun with Xcode and Swift
- Standard Library and Collections
- Using Structs and Generics
- Design styles with Swift
- Swift Debugging with Xcode
- Integrating with Objective-C
- Dealing with different Languages
- Data Access
By Jeremy Alessi
It is a entire consultant to iPhone and iPod contact online game improvement. starting with the fundamentals and finishing with a accomplished online game released within the App shop this e-book covers the entire basics. The mixed power of harmony and the iPhone improvement platform are used to complete impact permitting even whole newbies to create and submit an iPhone online game.
By V. K. Cody Bumgardner
OpenStack in motion deals the true global use circumstances and step by step directions you could take to increase your individual cloud platform from from inception to deployment. This e-book publications you thru the layout of either the actual cluster and the infrastructure companies you will have to create a customized cloud platform.
Purchase of the print e-book features a unfastened booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
OpenStack is an open resource framework that permits you to create a personal or public cloud platform by yourself actual servers. You construct customized infrastructure, platform, and software program companies with out the rate and seller lock-in linked to proprietary cloud structures like Amazon net prone and Microsoft Azure. With an OpenStack inner most cloud, you may get elevated safety, extra regulate, enhanced reliability, and reduce costs.
About the Book
OpenStack in Action deals real-world use instances and step by step directions on the way to boost your personal cloud platform. This ebook publications you thru the layout of either the actual cluster and the infrastructure prone you will want. you are going to how to decide on and organize digital and actual servers, tips on how to enforce software-defined networking, and technical info of designing, deploying, and working an OpenStack cloud on your firm. you will additionally observe tips to most sensible tailor your OpenStack deployment to your surroundings. ultimately, you will learn the way your cloud can provide user-facing software program and infrastructure services.
About the Reader
No previous wisdom of OpenStack or cloud improvement is assumed.
About the Author
Cody Bumgardner is the manager expertise Architect at a wide collage the place he's liable for the structure, deployment, and long term technique of OpenStack inner most clouds and different cloud computing initiatives.
Table of Contents
- Introducing OpenStack
- Taking an OpenStack test-drive
- Learning simple OpenStack operations
- Understanding inner most cloud development blocks
- Walking via a Controller deployment
- Walking via a Networking deployment
- Walking via a Block garage deployment
- Walking via a Compute deployment
- Architecting your OpenStack
- Deploying Ceph
- Automated HA OpenStack deployment with Fuel
- Cloud orchestration utilizing OpenStack
PART 1 GETTING STARTED
PART 2 jogging via A handbook DEPLOYMENT
PART three development A creation ENVIRONMENT
By Jack Nutting, Peter Clark
The Cocoa frameworks are the most robust for growing local OS X apps to be had at the present time. despite the fact that, for a first-time Mac developer, simply firing up Xcode four and beginning to browse the documentation could be a daunting and troublesome job. The Objective-C type reference documentation on my own might fill millions of published pages, let alone the entire different tutorials and courses integrated with Xcode. the place do you begin? Which periods are you going to want to take advantage of? How do you utilize Xcode and the remainder of the instruments?
Learn Cocoa for the Mac, moment version, completely revised for OS X Mountain Lion and XCode 4, solutions those questions and extra, assisting you discover your approach in the course of the jungle of periods, instruments, and new options that you should start at the subsequent nice OS X app at the present time. Jack Nutting and Peter Clark are your publications via this woodland; Jack and Peter have lived right here for years, and may exhibit you which of them boulder to push, which vine to cut, and which move to drift throughout for you to make it via. you are going to research not just tips on how to use the parts of this wealthy framework, but additionally which ones healthy jointly, and why.
Jack Nutting’s method, combining pragmatic problem-solving with a deep recognize for the underlying layout philosophies contained inside of Cocoa, stems from years of expertise utilizing those frameworks. Peter Clark will convey you which of them elements of your app require you to leap in and code an answer, and which elements are most sensible served by means of letting Cocoa take you the place it desires you to head. the trail over what appears like a mountain of parts and APIs hasn't ever been extra completely ready to your travels. In every one bankruptcy, you’ll construct an app that explores a number of parts of the Cocoa panorama. With Jack’s and Peter's tips, the steep studying curve turns into a fulfilling event. there's nonetheless a lot paintings for the uninitiated, yet by the point you’re performed, you can be good in your technique to turning into a Cocoa master.
By Steve Perkins
Explore the Hibernate seek approach and use its outstanding seek good points on your personal applications
- Add seek potential on your customized applications
- Integrate with the middle Hibernate process, utilizing conventional APIs or JPA
- Write seek queries very quickly that could be basic or complex
Users count on software program to be extremely smart whilst looking out info. Searches may still span throughout a number of information issues right away, and be ready to spot styles and groupings within the effects chanced on. Searches could be in a position to repair consumer typos, and use phrases regarding the user's seek phrases. looking is at its top whilst it pleasantly surprises us, seeming to appreciate the true gist of what we’re searching for greater than we understood it ourselves! the place do we locate this type of seek method and the way will we use it efficiently?
Hibernate seek through instance is a realistic, step by step educational, which publications you from the fundamentals of Hibernate seek to its complicated beneficial properties. The publication builds towards an entire pattern software, slowly fleshed out to illustrate every proposal being brought in every one bankruptcy. by means of the top you have an outstanding starting place for utilizing Hibernate seek in actual construction applications.
This e-book begins with an easy instance, and incrementally builds upon it to show off every one Hibernate seek function brought. by means of the tip of the e-book you could have a operating, functionality-rich program, and a deeper realizing than you've had from code snippets in a vacuum.
You will the way to combine seek into middle Hibernate purposes, whether or not they are XML or annotation-based, or while you are utilizing JPA. you'll find tips to fine-tune the relevance of seek effects, and layout searches which may account for person typos or instantly succeed in for similar phrases. we'll benefit from functionality optimization innovations, from operating Hibernate seek in a cluster to decreasing the necessity for database entry at all.
Hibernate seek by way of instance offers every little thing you must comprehend to include seek performance into your individual customized applications.
What you are going to examine from this book
- Make center Hibernate entity sessions searchable, regardless of which mapping API they use
- Write other forms of seek queries via key-phrase, designated word, “fuzzy” seek, or looking out inside of a range
- Sort seek effects by means of numerous criteria
- Use pagination to paintings with and exhibit seek effects one bite at a time
- Define customized analyzers to aid searches modify for consumer typos and realize similar terms
- Fine-tune the relevance of seek effects via boosting
- Apply conditional indexing common sense to exclude yes information from being searchable
- Make Hibernate seek conscious of relationships for searches related to info issues opened up over a number of classes
A step by step consultant for buying begun with Hibernate seek, utilising a realistic instance program that may make readers fast examine and use the wonderful seek services that the Hibernate seek software offers.
By Andrew Burgess
Understand Backbone.js pragmatically via development seven diversified functions from scratch
About This Book
- Gain insights into the internal operating of spine to leverage it better
- Exploit spine mixed with the positive factors of a Node powered server
- Learn how you can construct seven step by step frontend applications
Who This booklet Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Discover seven other ways to create your individual frontend Backbone.js applications
- Create complicated interfaces whereas protecting the code adaptable via spine Views
- Control your functions' displays with simplicity via a spine router
- Utilize Marionette and Chaplin, the spine extension frameworks
- Build a Node.js server to regulate the versions your frontend software sends to it and requests from it
- Work with templates that deal with the heavy lifting of your view
- Precompile your view for additional efficiency
- Use spine extension libraries to create powerful purposes with much less coding
By Aaron Hillegass, Mikey Ward
Are looking to write iOS apps or computing device Mac purposes? This advent to programming and the Objective-C language is your first step at the trip from an individual who makes use of apps to a person who writes them.
in keeping with sizeable Nerd Ranch's renowned Objective-C Bootcamp, Objective-C Programming: the massive Nerd Ranch Guide covers C, Objective-C, and the typical programming idioms that let builders to utilize Apple applied sciences. appropriate with Xcode five, iOS 7, and OS X Mavericks (10.9), this consultant good points brief chapters and an enticing variety to maintain you stimulated and relocating ahead. whilst, it encourages you to imagine seriously as a programmer.
listed here are many of the issues lined:
- Using Xcode, Apple’s documentation, and different instruments
- Programming fundamentals: variables, loops, features, and so on.
- Objects, sessions, equipment, and messages
- Pointers, addresses, and reminiscence administration with ARC
- Properties and Key-Value Coding (KVC)
- Class extensions
- Classes from the basis framework
- Delegation, target-action, and notification layout styles
- Key-Value staring at (KVO)
- Runtime fundamentals
By Bruce Tate
You should still research a programming language each year, as suggested by way of The Pragmatic Programmer. but when one according to 12 months is nice, how approximately Seven Languages in Seven Weeks? during this publication you will get a hands-on travel of Clojure, Haskell, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, and Ruby. even if your favourite language is on that record, you will increase your viewpoint of programming by means of reading those languages side-by-side. you are going to research whatever new from every one, and better of all, you will how to examine a language quickly.
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by way of Bruce A. Tate, you will transcend the syntax-and past the 20-minute instructional you will discover somewhere on-line. This e-book has an audacious objective: to offer a significant exploration of 7 languages inside of a unmarried publication. instead of function a whole reference or install advisor, Seven Languages hits what is crucial and precise approximately each one language. furthermore, this procedure might help train you ways to grok new languages.
For each one language, you will remedy a nontrivial challenge, utilizing recommendations that blow their own horns the language's most crucial good points. because the booklet proceeds, you will find the strengths and weaknesses of the languages, whereas dissecting the method of studying languages quickly--for instance, discovering the typing and programming versions, determination constructions, and the way you have interaction with them.
Explore the concurrency concepts which are speedy changing into the spine of a brand new new release of web purposes. the right way to use Erlang's let-it-crash philosophy for construction fault-tolerant platforms. comprehend the actor version that drives concurrency layout in Io and Scala. learn the way Clojure makes use of versioning to resolve one of the most tricky concurrency problems.
It's all right here, multi functional position. Use the ideas from one language to discover inventive suggestions in another-or find a language that could turn into one in every of your favorites.